To work with our partners with trust, inspiration and innovation to deliver a package of benefits, which create affordability and delight for the customer buying new eyewear on Specpay.
To become the UK’s leader in providing a fully integrated service platform for Opticians to sell & customers to buy premium eyewear on credit finance.
- Innovation – always looking ahead of the current horizon
- Integrity – always fair & doing the right thing
- Trust – always doing what we say we’ll do for you
- Inspiration – always inspiring others
- Support – always there for support
We believe that people come first. Customers, opticians and partners, each equally important. Our experienced multi-skilled team works together and collaboratively with our partners to find innovations and deliver the best integrated credit finance platform for optics in the UK.
Tony Clark FBDO
- Tony is director and co-founder of Specpay.
With a wide experience in the optical business, his career includes frame eyewear design and production, customer facing dispensing optician roles, senior operational management roles, UK project lead roles and freelance business development. As a freelancer needing to see the impact from growth plans implemented with clients, he developed a business analytics system for Opticians called KPEyes.
For relaxation and fitness, he loves the outdoors and having now completed the 630m SouthWest Coast path, is looking forward to the challenge of walking another long-distance path!
Richard Stent FBDO
- Richard is director and co-founder of Specpay. He is a qualified Dispensing Optician as well a qualified Optometrist with a BSc (Hons) degree in Optometry. He has over thirty years experience in Optometry, primarily in independent practice, although he has spent some time with a small multiple group. Together with his wife he has been running his own highly successful practice for the last ten years.
Richard has a keen interest in IT solutions and technology, and was an early adopter of one of the first PMS systems in the UK. His interest in technology is not confined to business. Eight years ago he and his wife built the first Hanse Haus Passive house in the UK.
- Des is director of technology at Specpay. With over 20 years experience in the software industry, Des has a deep understanding of the technology space and what it takes to bring about successful product development and delivery. He has a BSc (Hons) degree in Computing and a post-graduate certificate in Advanced Computing Technology and brings a wealth of experience from previous clients such as Sky, Deloitte and Credit Suisse. When not building improvements and new features to the Specpay platform Des can often be found grappling with a map and compass, walking on Dartmoor or in the Welsh Hills, training to be a mountaineering instructor.